Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nuove Immagini!

A shot of the River Tevere at night.


View from the tower at Sant'Anselmo. The taller white building is the Vittoriano in the Piazza Venezia in Central Rome, about a 10 minute walk from where I live.


A Swiss Guard standing watch at the Vatican. They literally do not move.


Lukas (black shirt) and some friends from Italian class at the Campo dei Fiori. Lukas is the other volunteer here at Sant'Anselmo for the year from Germany.


This is a posed picture of me throwing a coin in at la Fontana di Trevi. I really did throw a coin in before this was taken. Legend has it that throwing a coin into the fountain brings good luck and ensures a visit back to Rome in the future. Sweet.


River Tevere with the Castel Sant'Angelo in the background. I've run to the castle a few times from Sant'Anselmo along the river. Really neat.



2 comments:

mike said...

Loving the writing and the pics Dr. I check for them often. Be sure to keep PBR on his toes.

Tim Smit said...

i like your fountains. i hang out on white sandy beaches with ladies serving me coconuts while waves splash my feet, and you hang out with ladies on fountains spewing forth water...keep livin' the dream my friend!