Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pescatori di uomini


So, for the pool here at Sant' Anselmo, I recently painted an image of a fish (un pesce in italiano) on the center of the pool floor. It was a design inspired by artwork I had seen before on an Incubus CD titled "Morning View." So, on Monday, May 4th, I spent the entire day painting this fish into the pool so we could finally put water in it. My friend Carlos, a priest from Mexico and student here at Sant' Anselmo, was kind enough to help me document this project via photographs. Here was the day:

In the morning:














And in the afternoon/evening:










And then after 24 hours to let the paint dry, we filled the pool with water. I was happy with the result with water over the design.

Me with the Fish

And I had to include the professional photographer, Carlos, with the Fish

I had a lot of fun doing this. I hope the paint lasts a long time(it's made for swimming pools, so it should). The meaning of the form, shape, and symbolism of the fish is open to interpretation. I like that.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

You are neat. I like that fish a lot.

Dan said...

Um Brady, you are one ridiculous artist. Great job!

Helen H said...

Wow~ Impressive! Nice work! Do you mind if I ask what kind of paint you used? Thanks~~