Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Charcoal Drawing, Take Two




Still Life No. 2

Charcoal on Paper

Fall 2005


Now, let me step back a couple years from the previous posted computer artwork. This was the second complete still life drawing I did in Drawing I during Fall semester of my Sophomore year. The first still life drawing was the image with the man and arm sculptures. This still life obviously has a women sculpture, bird sculpture, and vase as the composition in front of a sheet backdrop. This time, the objects were all different colors (as opposed to black and white), so it was more difficult to determine shading, shadow, and light. I was happier with the resulting outcome of this drawing than the previous charcoal drawing I posted. It even made for a very interesting composition with the electrical cord wrapped around the sculpture. That was not intentional, but interesting as a result.

No comments: