Monday, October 8, 2007

Computer Art


Running Intensity
Adobe Photoshop CS2
Fall 2006

This was a project I did during Computer Art I during my Junior year Fall semester. For this project, we had to pick a textual source and then create a work of art based on that source. I picked a passage in a Book on the Psychology of Motivation that I found in the library. It talked about one's "success mechanism" and drive. I related it to running and went from there. I wanted to depict the brain as the source of all drive, motivation, and will power. The brain controls everything: the heart, which pumps blood, which circulates oxygen to the lungs, which allows one to utilize energy. It's all pretty interesting to me. I added the silver circuitry throught the black squares to show the connection of all the organs and movement. I wanted to make a running poster that was both intense and motivational.

No comments: